The AP Forum at SRHS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The AP Forum at SRHS

Discussing All Things Related to AP English Literature

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Introduce Yourself

Go down 
+33
ANunn1
Buttermore
AustinL
jalessanoel
ssawa
AnnaL
EmilyN
Gina44
chelseac89
JeffAlmario
mrose
Jedrek
JanaeNae
melissac1
bri fej
Alyssa
julie_m1
abdi4
kjones4
Edunn116
LWhite1
Sullivan4
TheSilentAlex
[ s y n n e ]
gargigodbole
JohnN
Marielle66
phNguyen
adamblakecarver
BrianG.
NataliaJones
LukeUlrich42
Admin
37 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2006-09-06

Introduce Yourself Empty
PostSubject: Introduce Yourself   Introduce Yourself Icon_minitimeMon Sep 11, 2006 3:58 pm

Take a moment and introduce yourself to the class. Tell us something about yourself. Also, you might mention what college(s) you're thinking of applying to and what you're possibly thinking of doing in the future. Remember, we have a lot of students from different English classes at SRHS, so not everyone knows one another.

Mr. K
Back to top Go down
https://kelsoapenglish.editboard.com
LukeUlrich42

LukeUlrich42

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2006-09-11

Introduce Yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Introduce Yourself Icon_minitimeMon Sep 11, 2006 4:15 pm

I'm Luke, and I'm in Mr. K's 1st period class. I'm very interested in thrillers as well as some historical fiction. I'm hopring to attend the Air Force Academy after graduation this year, and I'd like to study management before attending medical school.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/welcometotheranch
NataliaJones

NataliaJones

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2006-09-07

Introduce Yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Introduce Yourself Icon_minitimeMon Sep 11, 2006 5:07 pm

I'm Natalia Christine Jones, from Mr. Kelso's 4th period AP English Lit class. I'm currently the Positive Energy Program (P.E.P) San Diego County Ambassador, the Positive Energy Group President, 1st degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do, and Future Business Leaders of America secretary. I'm a Latter-Day Saint (Mormon) and my hobbies include Stage and Film Acting, Modeling, Public Speaking, Martial Arts, Classical and Broadway Singing, Novel and Creative Writing, Jazz Dancing, French and Piano.

Something that is out of the ordinary is that I'm currently Miss Teen San Diego International 2007, and running for Miss Teen California International 2007 in the fall. I am also currently a Miss San Diego America 2007 Contestant. My platform is PEP, if any of you were interested. I do most of my volunteer work with PEP, CYT/CCT, and helping run the oriental moo-do school of poway (martial art).

I plan to go to BYU and double major in Business Management/Finance and Acting. I plan to do a minor in english lit/language. I also intend to study for an MBA. I'm planning to become the Executive Director for PEP after several years of intership at the art and skill of energy. Jon Gordon, #1 energy coach in the world, is currently my personal energy coach. Check out http://www.jongordon.com/ or http://www.positiveenergyprogram.com/

That's me in a nutshell.

Last edited by on Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.nataliajones.com
BrianG.

BrianG.

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2006-09-10

Introduce Yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Introduce Yourself Icon_minitimeMon Sep 11, 2006 5:39 pm

Well I'm not part of the Positive Energy Program (P.E.P) nor am I Miss Teen San Diego, so I guess that makes me a miniscule, insignificant human, also known as the (M.I.H)

Kidding, I'm Brian and I'm in period 1 Kelso. I will probably end up at Santa Monica College with Period 4 student Adam Blake Carver, or as i like to call him, ABC. In L.A. I will be interning at various studios making high grossing big budget movies. Keep a look out.

king B
Back to top Go down
adamblakecarver

Number of posts : 8

Introduce Yourself Empty
PostSubject: myselfay?   Introduce Yourself Icon_minitimeMon Sep 11, 2006 6:10 pm

Hi. I'm Adam Carver of Mr. Kelso's fourth period advance placement English class. I'm interested in directing for the stage and screen. As far as other accomplishments, my mothers jewish heritage kept me from participating in tae kwon do, or for that matter any contact sport. In fact, my mother wouldn't let me cross my street without holding her hand until my freshman year in high school. As the famous Brian Gurriell mentioned, we'll be moving up to Santa Monica and attending Santa Monica city, with hopes of attending UCLA's Film School which begins your Junior Year.
For a full list of accomplishments and to see some crazy stuff check out my little website.

http://www.soundsgoodcinema.com

adam
Back to top Go down
http://soundsgoodcinema.com/adamblakecarver/adam_home.html
phNguyen

phNguyen

Introduce Yourself Empty
PostSubject: Introduce Yourself   Introduce Yourself Icon_minitimeMon Sep 11, 2006 7:44 pm

Hello, my name is Phi Hung Nguyen. My favorite things to do are play video games, watch anime, write, draw, and exercise. I plan to go to UCSD if I can't get in, I'll probably go to Mesa and get transfered.
Back to top Go down
Marielle66

Marielle66

Number of posts : 14

Introduce Yourself Empty
PostSubject: Me!   Introduce Yourself Icon_minitimeMon Sep 11, 2006 8:36 pm

[color=green]My name is Marielle. i was born in Mexico and then lived in Israel, so enlish is my third language. I love random things, colors are awesome and I think everyone in this world is unique in their own way.
I want to go to UCLA and study either graphic or industrial design...something that has to do with publicity and advertising! Thinking about studying that just makes me excited! Exclamation
What I like the most about myself is that I am always happy!
Back to top Go down
NataliaJones

NataliaJones

Introduce Yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Introduce Yourself Icon_minitimeMon Sep 11, 2006 9:17 pm

BrianG. wrote:
Well I'm not part of the Positive Energy Program (P.E.P) nor am I Miss Teen San Diego, so I guess that makes me a miniscule, insignificant human, also known as the (M.I.H)

LOL! That made me laugh so hard. hehe. I agree with Marielle everyone is so unique and amazing in their own way.

By the way Marielle, I love your college plans! It reminds me so much of my sister.... except she's into physiology and stuff now and wants to become a surgeon.... Laughing Talk about change of plans!
Back to top Go down
http://www.nataliajones.com
JohnN

JohnN

Number of posts : 17

Introduce Yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Introduce Yourself Icon_minitimeMon Sep 11, 2006 9:59 pm

Well I guess I'm not as impressive as a few others here, but anyway, I'm John Nguyen and Mr. K's 4th period class. I guess I'm a pretty humble guy and will do just about anything that life can throw at me. I've tended to kind of live life at the moment (and now I'm starting to regret it, senior year is going to kill me with stress) and continue to be unsure about what I want to do with my future. From what I have managed to plan, I want to go to UCBerkeley/LA and major in Engineering (not quite sure what kind yet) and after that, well, I guess we'll have to see.
Back to top Go down
gargigodbole

gargigodbole

Introduce Yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Introduce Yourself Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2006 12:53 am

My name is Gargi Godbole. I was born in Bombay, India on January 28, 1990. I came to San Diego when I was 7, with little knowledge of speaking "American" English (I had an Indian-British accent). I learned Indian classical singing for about 2 years and stopped since I didn't quite have enough time to practice. I also go to an Indian classical dance class called Kathak and love it very much. I love watching Hindi movies (without subtitles, since subtitles simply buther the meaning of the words) and speak Hindi and Marathi (2 languages from India) fluently (eventhough I can barely read and write them). I love to read, write, talk to friends, sleep, and watch TV. As of now, I want to go to UCLA and major in Political Science and minor in Psychology and then attend law school. I am in MUN, Science Olympiad, and Energy Addict Clubs. I guess that's all I have left to say.
Back to top Go down
[ s y n n e ]

[ s y n n e ]

Registration date : 2006-09-08

Introduce Yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Introduce Yourself Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2006 5:22 pm

Hi there!! I'm Cynthia Her - I'm in 4th period! Hmmm... I never thought I'd be in AP ANYTHING - so I'm kind of imtimidated a bit by taking the class. But I'm trying my best - and its really odd casue i feel like the odd one out sometimes because everyone seems so smart~~~ and I'm like "Uh...yes, me agrees??" xD

Anyways - I'm pretty shy - but if you get to know me - I'm a pretty fun person and I'm happy-go-lucky xD I don't know about "oiutgoing" maybe sometimes...haha. I really would love to go to the Art Institute - but I can't afford that ::tear tear:: so I decided to go to Grossmont College! My best frined is there so - it works both ways!! I'm thinking about becoming a history teacher for middle school or something - but I don't know how much I really want too...But I would like to do something w/ History - preferablly egypt or mayan OR Japanese history! =D

And if you couldn't tell - I'm into "anime" but i'm not "hardcore" anime freak you'd probably stereotype - no. I'm more...mature about it and I'll talk about if the other person brings it up =p. Hm...I can speak japanese - not fluently but enough for me to live by - haha and now I'm jsut rambling!! So - why not just come up and talk to me! =D

I promise i won't bite. =]
Back to top Go down
TheSilentAlex

TheSilentAlex

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2006-09-12

Introduce Yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Introduce Yourself Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2006 11:10 pm

I'm Alex S. from Mr. K's 1st period.

Errrr, I make my own clothes and I used to fence. I worked in a cancer research lab this summer and I recommend the experience to NO ONE EVER. I'm taking my fourth year of Japanese. Other than that, I haven't done anything interesting with my life. Chuck Palahniuk is my favorite author, although I never spell his name correctly, and I recommend him to anyone and everyone.

My dream college is Reed, in Portland, and I'd like to study Physics, even though it's not what I'm best at.
Back to top Go down
Sullivan4

Registration date : 2006-09-08

Introduce Yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Introduce Yourself Icon_minitimeWed Sep 13, 2006 5:35 pm

My name's Stephanie Veronica Anne Sullivan. I really like my middle name. I'm Queen of the House of Ireland and am running for Ms. Colleen in January which would get me a paid trip to Ireland to compete in Maiden of the Moors if I won. I used to be an Irish dancer and love musical theatre. I'm looking at NYU, Marymount Manhattan, UCLA, USC, Cal State Fullerton, and SDSU for a musical theatre major..... thats me in a nutshell
Back to top Go down
LWhite1

LWhite1

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2006-09-13

Introduce Yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Introduce Yourself Icon_minitimeWed Sep 13, 2006 5:40 pm

My name is Lauryn. I have Kelso period 1. I have and older sister, a younger brother and a dog. I'm still 16 (17 on October 2) In the near future, I dream of becoming a writer; I have two novels currently under way. I have heard a lot of esteemed and well-read authors answer the question of when they know they have achieved success as a writer by saying they know because they can supporst themselves and their family off of the earnings, or when some one approaches them and says how their work has impacted their lives. My answer to this question is simple; I will know I have reached success when someone has quoted one of my phrases. People are known for great one-liners. Single sentences are powerful, and memorable, and to know that someone thought that a certain ideal or expression could not have been better said than the way that I'd said it would mean the world to me.
In the mean time, I sing, play piano, and write music, and I can't seem to be able to silence that silly little childhood dream of desiring to one day be the sole purpose of a crowds attendance. I will be attending Dominguez in Los Angeles County next school year to be closer to a city with the potential and current ability to introduce my name to the public.
I speak fluent Spanish and am current trying to learn Portugese. I hope to be able to speak 5 languages with fluency by the time I am 25.
Back to top Go down
Edunn116

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2006-09-12

Introduce Yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Introduce Yourself Icon_minitimeWed Sep 13, 2006 10:08 pm

Hi! My name is Ellen Dunn. I have Mr. Kelso period 4. Im 17 and turning 18 in December woot woot! I am from St. Louis, Missouri and I play soccer. Im super excited for college and I am applying to colleges on the east coast or maybe Arizona. I would love to attend Ohio State because I am really into college sports. Thats about it. See ya around town ladies and gents. Smile
Back to top Go down
kjones4

Introduce Yourself Empty
PostSubject: introduce yourself   Introduce Yourself Icon_minitimeThu Sep 14, 2006 11:49 pm

Hi. I'm Kaitlin Jones from 4th period. I love to dance, play field hockey, and work with kids. I just recently cut off fourteen inches of my hair and donated it to Locks of Love for cancer patients going through chemo. I highly recommend it to anyone who has long enough hair. I wasn't sure I had the guts to chop it all off but I am so pleased that I did because it's such a wonderful cause. Next year I'm planning on playing field hockey somewhere on the East Coast while looking into sports medicine/physical therapy. See you around
Back to top Go down
abdi4

Registration date : 2006-09-09

Introduce Yourself Empty
PostSubject: Introduce Yourself   Introduce Yourself Icon_minitimeSat Sep 16, 2006 8:56 pm

My name is Ahmed Abdi. i'm in Mr. Kelso's 4th period class. I'm 16 yrs old and have lived in San Diego my whole life. I was born Nov. 16, 1989. i'm the 5th of 8 kids, 4 boys and 4 girls. I plan to go a university that is strong in engineering programs. I run track and like to draw and play ball.
Back to top Go down
julie_m1

Introduce Yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Introduce Yourself Icon_minitimeSun Sep 17, 2006 12:06 am

Let's see... I'm Julie Mebane and in Kelso Period 1. I don't really have a long list of achievements or amazing facts about myself, but that usually doesn't worry me too much. I spend a lot of time reading, writing, and listening to music (specifically, the Grateful Dead). I'm not sure where I'll end up in the future, but I'd like to be a writer. Hopefully one that doesn't get noticed until after death, because they're always the best. College wise, I'm not sure-- Reed or Oberlin, maybe. At the moment all I really want to do is take an amazing road trip around the country in a milder version of Kerouac's journey.

I'll see you all around, I'm sure.
Back to top Go down
Alyssa

Registration date : 2006-09-18

Introduce Yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Introduce Yourself Icon_minitimeMon Sep 18, 2006 7:49 pm

Going through all of these because I'm avoiding doing other homework.

Let's see. I'm Alyssa. 4th period. I wasn't originally enrolled in Kelso's class, but I managed to weasel my way out of Boyd and into 4th period. So. That was exciting. Something interesting. Um. I've worked at the San Diego Zoo's Wild Animal Park for about six months now. It's exciting. No, it doesn't take long to get there and yes, it really is worth the driving.

College scares me.
Back to top Go down
bri fej

bri fej

Number of posts : 11

Introduce Yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Introduce Yourself Icon_minitimeMon Sep 18, 2006 8:14 pm

Whats up. I'm Brianna from Mr. K's 1st period class. Yea...I don't really know what to say about myself other than I play water polo. I plan to attend Seattle University next fall and becoming a preoperative/surgical nurse. If I don't get in there I'll either go to Gonzaga University in Spokane, Washington or TCU in Texas. Or maybe I'll just end up at UCSB or SDSU. Who really knows. I've played piano for like eight or nine years...I love acting but just don't have time, and I love my friends. So...I ran out of things to say. Have a good night?
Back to top Go down
melissac1

melissac1

Number of posts : 12

Introduce Yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Introduce Yourself Icon_minitimeMon Sep 18, 2006 11:55 pm

afro Hi, I'm Melissa from first period.

Tennis and ASB dominate most of my time but I'm also a complete music junkie (the quirkier the better). My career/college major ambitions involve anything that'll take me to Prague and Helsinki and Calcutta+. (International Relations, maybe?) Froyo and banana pancakes make me happy.
Back to top Go down
JanaeNae

Registration date : 2006-09-13

Introduce Yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Introduce Yourself Icon_minitimeTue Sep 19, 2006 12:10 am

ah this is kind of late. but. my name is janae. i was born in new mexico, and moved heree at that horrible age of 13. I plan on moving to san francisco and going to Berkley. no idea what i want to major in. im very indecisive and impulsive. i recycle alot. i'm not religious waht so ever. i am more of a spiritual being. im very down to earth. imight be stuck in the 60's.
Back to top Go down
Jedrek

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2006-09-19

Introduce Yourself Empty
PostSubject: Introduce Yourself   Introduce Yourself Icon_minitimeTue Sep 19, 2006 9:08 am

Hi, I'm Jedrek and I'm in Mr. Kelso's first period class. I enjoy reading books that stretch me as a person and that broaden my horizons. Unlike many of you, I really don't know where I want to go for college, nor do I know what I want to study. It was my goal to take a variety of classes throughout my high school career in hopes of finding a passion, but I have instead found multiple, mild passions.

In any case, I'm looking forward to this year and hope everyone else is too.
Back to top Go down
mrose

Registration date : 2006-09-09

Introduce Yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Introduce Yourself Icon_minitimeTue Sep 19, 2006 5:02 pm

I'm Melissa Rose and I'm in Mr. Kelso's 4th period class. I play field hockey and am a defender. I plan on going to a college in California unless field hockey drags me elsewhere. I would love to go to Stanford, Berkeley, or one of the Claremont colleges. I plan on majoring in some sort of science: biology, chemistry, medicine.
Back to top Go down
JeffAlmario

Registration date : 2006-09-11

Introduce Yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Introduce Yourself Icon_minitimeTue Sep 19, 2006 5:50 pm

Hey, I'm Jeff Almario and I'm in Mr. Kelso's 1st Period class. I love sports, especially college football. I play tennis here at Scripps. I hope to attend the University of Notre Dame next year and major in some type of engineering. I'm also looking at UC schools, possibly Berkeley and LA.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Introduce Yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself   Introduce Yourself Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The AP Forum at SRHS :: The AP Forum at SRHS-
Jump to: