The AP Forum at SRHS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The AP Forum at SRHS

Discussing All Things Related to AP English Literature

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

One of Your All-Time Favorite Movies

Go down 
+46
elanafink1
AustinL
aSmith
Buttermore
JanaeNae
nicklake
chelseac89
mrose
mar89
Jedrek
melissac1
maxr409
Alyssa
JeffAlmario
cmahlberg4
kevinb
GabyA
brittanyS1
abdi4
Edunn116
kjones4
I.Phillips
hannahc
Sullivan4
ssawa
kielbasaSausage1
cathyP
Jess.M.Period1
gargigodbole
Sophiachow
the_huffanator
LukeUlrich42
adamblakecarver
ANunn1
Goodman
Gina44
DianaM
Marielle66
[ s y n n e ]
EmilyN
JohnN
phNguyen
BrianG.
NataliaJones
knina
Admin
50 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2006-09-06

One of Your All-Time Favorite Movies Empty
PostSubject: One of Your All-Time Favorite Movies   One of Your All-Time Favorite Movies Icon_minitimeSat Sep 09, 2006 9:43 pm

Hi Folks,

As you will discover, I am obsessed with movies. Some of my favorites include:

Lawrence of Arabia
Days of Heaven
Ryan's Daughter
Dr. Zhivago
Children of Paradise

Share with us one or two of your all-time favorites.

Mr. K
Back to top Go down
https://kelsoapenglish.editboard.com
knina

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2006-09-08

PostSubject: Re: One of Your All-Time Favorite Movies   One of Your All-Time Favorite Movies Icon_minitimeSun Sep 10, 2006 12:06 am

I’m astonished that someone in reach likes Children of Paradise. It’s the most poetic and lovely film my eyes encountered. I can’t come to a decision to which movies are my favorite but I can list a few that I enjoy (I habitually watch them; almost religiously):

The Rules of the Game, Divorce Italian Style, Nazarin, Ivan the Terrible II, Oktyabr, The Grand Illusion, Smiles of a Summer Night, Accattone, F for Fake, Harold and Maude, etc. There’s many that bring me delight even though I’m picky.
Back to top Go down
NataliaJones

NataliaJones

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2006-09-07

PostSubject: Re: One of Your All-Time Favorite Movies   One of Your All-Time Favorite Movies Icon_minitimeSun Sep 10, 2006 10:27 am

I have many favorite movies, but if I had to chose one all-time favorite movie for the rest of my life- for the life of me, I would chose the one movie that has changed my life forever. It would do you all well if you go out and see it right now!

This movie is known as....

THE SECRET

You can't find it in theaters. You can't find it at blockbuster. It was a feature film, yet never on the big screen before. The only way you can view it is buying it from....

http://www.thesecret.tv
Back to top Go down
http://www.nataliajones.com
BrianG.

BrianG.

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2006-09-10

PostSubject: Re: One of Your All-Time Favorite Movies   One of Your All-Time Favorite Movies Icon_minitimeSun Sep 10, 2006 1:51 pm

One of my all time favorite movies has to be Scarface. Pacino did a great job embracing the role of a rags to richs gangsta. I also thought it was interesting to witness the determined Cuban immigrant take over a drug empire while succumbing to greed, a familiar theme in past works i have read.
However I was also very much stimulated and entertained by the excessive usage of the F Bomb.

"F**k Gaspar Gomez, and f**k the f*c*in' Diaz brothers! F**k'em all! I bury those cock-a-roaches!" - Tony Montana

pyce out elephant
Back to top Go down
phNguyen

phNguyen

PostSubject: One of Your All-Time Favorite Movies   One of Your All-Time Favorite Movies Icon_minitimeSun Sep 10, 2006 2:04 pm

King Kong (2005)
GATTACA
Waterboy
Back to top Go down
JohnN

JohnN

Number of posts : 17

PostSubject: Re: One of Your All-Time Favorite Movies   One of Your All-Time Favorite Movies Icon_minitimeSun Sep 10, 2006 5:10 pm

Sin City is one of my favorites. The artistic direction is the best for any comicbook based movie I have seen. Plus it stays rather faithful to the original material, which is great for those who have read it (I read a few after watching the movie). It also had a great cast: Bruce Willis, Elijah Wood, and Jessica Alba Embarassed .

An inspiring movie is definately Hotel Rwanda. I think its a great unifying movie and will inform people of real problems occuring in other parts of the globe. I don't think any other movie has touched me as much as this.
Back to top Go down
EmilyN

EmilyN

Number of posts : 10

PostSubject: Re: One of Your All-Time Favorite Movies   One of Your All-Time Favorite Movies Icon_minitimeSun Sep 10, 2006 5:51 pm

I like a lot of movies, but it's hard to to really pinpoint a few that are my favorites...

Office Space, Life is Beautiful, Mona Lisa Smile, Pride and Prejudice
I really enjoy international films, one of my favorites being "Goodbye Lenin" I recommend it.
Back to top Go down
[ s y n n e ]

[ s y n n e ]

PostSubject: Re: One of Your All-Time Favorite Movies   One of Your All-Time Favorite Movies Icon_minitimeSun Sep 10, 2006 6:24 pm

Well - let's see - the most recent movies I'm into are:

+ Pirates of the Carribean 2
+ Practical Magic (and the book)
+ Gensomaden Saiyuki: Requiem for the One Not Choosen
+ Dogma
+ Hunback of Note Dame (YES!! I love the music!)
+ Spirit Stallion of the Cimmeron (Yeah - almost all kids movie - hey - i'm 4 at heart =D)
+ Devil's Advocate
+ Good Will Hunting

just to name a few =D
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: One of Your All-Time Favorite Movies   One of Your All-Time Favorite Movies Icon_minitimeSun Sep 10, 2006 8:14 pm

knina wrote:
I’m astonished that someone in reach likes Children of Paradise. It’s the most poetic and lovely film my eyes encountered. I can’t come to a decision to which movies are my favorite but I can list a few that I enjoy (I habitually watch them; almost religiously):

The Rules of the Game, Divorce Italian Style, Nazarin, Ivan the Terrible II, Oktyabr, The Grand Illusion, Smiles of a Summer Night, Accattone, F for Fake, Harold and Maude, etc. There’s many that bring me delight even though I’m picky.

Oh my goodness! Who is this? Grand Illusion?
Smiles of a Summer Night?

I'm having a fun anxiety attack. Thanks for being in my class!

Awesome. jocolor

Last edited by on Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: One of Your All-Time Favorite Movies   One of Your All-Time Favorite Movies Icon_minitimeSun Sep 10, 2006 8:16 pm

BrianG. wrote:
One of my all time favorite movies has to be Scarface. Pacino did a great job embracing the role of a rags to richs gangsta. I also thought it was interesting to witness the determined Cuban immigrant take over a drug empire while succumbing to greed, a familiar theme in past works i have read.
However I was also very much stimulated and entertained by the excessive usage of the F Bomb.

"F**k Gaspar Gomez, and f**k the f*c*in' Diaz brothers! F**k'em all! I bury those cock-a-roaches!" - Tony Montana

pyce out elephant

"Say hello to my little friend!" affraid
Back to top Go down
Marielle66

Marielle66

Number of posts : 14

PostSubject: The Sixth Sense!!!   One of Your All-Time Favorite Movies Icon_minitimeSun Sep 10, 2006 9:22 pm

The Sixth Sense is definitely an awesome movie! And the fact that you find out everything at the end of the movie is great, just like there is clues along the way. This movie is a must-see! super interesting!
affraid
Back to top Go down
DianaM

Number of posts : 1

PostSubject: Re: One of Your All-Time Favorite Movies   One of Your All-Time Favorite Movies Icon_minitimeSun Sep 10, 2006 9:29 pm

One of the best all time movie is Click, you should definately go watch it if you haven't seen it yet. The movie teaches you about how to apperciate things in life especially your family. You never really knew what you had until it's gone. I believe that is so true, that movie even made me cry!
Back to top Go down
Gina44

PostSubject: Re: One of Your All-Time Favorite Movies   One of Your All-Time Favorite Movies Icon_minitimeSun Sep 10, 2006 10:09 pm

My favorite movie is Dirty Dancing in Havana Nights. Smile
Back to top Go down
Goodman

Goodman

Number of posts : 12

PostSubject: Re: One of Your All-Time Favorite Movies   One of Your All-Time Favorite Movies Icon_minitimeSun Sep 10, 2006 10:38 pm

Umm.

8 Mile

The Boondock Saints

Clive Owen Movies

Last edited by on Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ANunn1

PostSubject: Re: One of Your All-Time Favorite Movies   One of Your All-Time Favorite Movies Icon_minitimeSun Sep 10, 2006 10:38 pm

Wow I must say it is hard to narrow it down to just a couple because I have a bunch of favorites. I love anything concerning baseball (Field of Dreams, The Natural, Bull Durham, etc.). Although above all I feel I am a true weekend warrior when it comes to movies. I like pretty much anything that can be found on TBS, TNT, or USA between the hours of 6-11AM on Saturdays and Sundays. Any of the Back to the Futures, A Few Good Men, Top Gun, Ferris Bueller, anything Molly Ringwald, Hunt for Red October, and a million others really float my boat.

Last edited by on Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
adamblakecarver

Number of posts : 8

PostSubject: movies ehhh   One of Your All-Time Favorite Movies Icon_minitimeSun Sep 10, 2006 10:57 pm

a favorite movie

American Beauty
Boogie Nights
Elephant
Gerry

All time favorite is
Paul Thomas Anderson's 3 hour and 15 minute epic, Magnolia.

adam
Back to top Go down
http://soundsgoodcinema.com/adamblakecarver/adam_home.html
adamblakecarver

Number of posts : 8

PostSubject: brian gurriell   One of Your All-Time Favorite Movies Icon_minitimeSun Sep 10, 2006 11:25 pm

Quote :
I was also very much stimulated and entertained by the excessive usage of the F Bomb.
-Brian Gurriell

brian gurriell is a genius
and full of gems just like this
just bug him.
he will make you laugh and cry
this forum has got to be the best idea of all time
Back to top Go down
http://soundsgoodcinema.com/adamblakecarver/adam_home.html
LukeUlrich42

LukeUlrich42

Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Re: One of Your All-Time Favorite Movies   One of Your All-Time Favorite Movies Icon_minitimeMon Sep 11, 2006 4:08 pm

My favorite movies of all time have to include:

Wedding Crashers and Gettysburg, yeah, they're at two opposite ends of the spectrum, but they both really appeal to me as a viewer. Vince Vaughn is one of my favorite actors of all time, and the Killer Angels is one of my favorite novels, so of of course I would love Gettysburg.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/welcometotheranch
the_huffanator

the_huffanator

Number of posts : 11

PostSubject: Re: One of Your All-Time Favorite Movies   One of Your All-Time Favorite Movies Icon_minitimeMon Sep 11, 2006 7:16 pm

Let me try and articulate and use big words like the rest of the classes seem to be doing to impress Mr. Kelso, and please excuse my spelling on any big words. I can't spell to save my life so to dam bad.

Okay, well first off, i am absolutley astonished that no one has mentioned such brillant masterpieces such as Forrest Gump, Saving Private Ryan, Braveheart, Casablanca, Gladiator, or any other movies that have actors that can actually act. A movie is only as good as its actors and it seems like the majority of you fail to grasp that. I do not mean to obliterate some of your thoughts on good movies, however, I am. I wont mention any specific titles but movies which the same giant squid jumps out of the water EIGHT times and which also lacks any sort of plot, should not be on anyones favorite movie list. However, if that along with white rappers poke at your fancies...so be it.

THE TOP 5 GREATEST MOVIES OF ALL TIME:
1. Forrest Gump
2. Saving Private Ryan
3. The Godfather
4. Gladiator
5. Casablanca

HONORABLE MENTIONS
gladiator, the usual suspects, wedding crashers, a few good men, scarface, titanic, primal fear, Godfather II, love actually

THE TOP 5 WORST MOVIES OF ALL TIME:
1. Pirates of the Carribean II
2. Mean Girls
3. War of the Worlds
4. Oceans Twelve
5. Moonstruck

FINAL THOUGHTS:

Watch more movies kids...
Back to top Go down
LukeUlrich42

LukeUlrich42

Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Re: One of Your All-Time Favorite Movies   One of Your All-Time Favorite Movies Icon_minitimeMon Sep 11, 2006 9:35 pm

Funny that you mention Moonstruck, that's pretty much my mom's favorite movie, don't know why really...

And yes, Gladiator and Saving Private Ryan are incredible pieces of film, I wish I would have metioned them as well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/welcometotheranch
Sophiachow

Sophiachow

Registration date : 2006-09-09

PostSubject: Re: One of Your All-Time Favorite Movies   One of Your All-Time Favorite Movies Icon_minitimeMon Sep 11, 2006 9:58 pm

I watch a lot of old movies, one of my favorites is To Kill A Mockingbird, loved the book too. Gandhi, one of the most inspirational stories ever. To watch a movie, is to escape to another world completely different, yet somehow very relatable, and I feel that way when I watch these movies.
Back to top Go down
JohnN

JohnN

Number of posts : 17

PostSubject: Re: One of Your All-Time Favorite Movies   One of Your All-Time Favorite Movies Icon_minitimeMon Sep 11, 2006 10:02 pm

Well, I'm not sure about how many foreign film buffs there are here, but I really like Akira Kurosawa films. He's basically the Japanese Spielberg and has great style in making his movies.
Back to top Go down
gargigodbole

gargigodbole

Number of posts : 16

PostSubject: Re: One of Your All-Time Favorite Movies   One of Your All-Time Favorite Movies Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2006 12:43 am

One of my all time favorite movies is Hotel Rwanda. The first time I watched it was last year in Mr. Boyd's class. I also like to read about politics, so the combinations of the 2 made a huge impact on me. Most of my favorite books and movies are my favorite because it changed me as a person.

I also love watching Hindi (a language from India) and my most favorite Hindi movie is called Water. It takes place when Mahatma Ghandhi is rising to power, when widows were treated as trash and secluded from the rest of the society. It is about the struggle of a 8-year-old widow named Chuiya and her struggle at this place. She develops friendship with Kalyani, a woman who is sent into prostitution after she is widowed at the age of 8 and earns the money for the entire institution. A very rich lawyer named Narayan falls in love with her, unaware that she is a prostitute, and knows that she is a widow. Narayan also believes in the ideals of Gandhi and wants to marry Kalyani even after he finds out she is a prostitute and sleeps with his father. Narayan, Kalyani, and Chuiya all become very close friends. Near the end of the movie, Chuiya is also forced into prostitution, but her caretaker, Madhumati, convinces Narayan to take care of Chuiya as his own daughter, rescuing her from the evils of being a window.
Back to top Go down
Jess.M.Period1

PostSubject: Re: One of Your All-Time Favorite Movies   One of Your All-Time Favorite Movies Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2006 9:05 pm

I am a movie lover, and with that, some of my most loved movies are:
America History X - I think this movie had a really strong and powerful meaning.
Little Miss Sunshine - I think the must see movie of the year.
Boondock Saints - it is just, amazing.
Pulp Fiction - no explanation needed
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang- I love Robert Downey Jr.
Donnie Darko and, many more!
Back to top Go down
cathyP

Number of posts : 13

PostSubject: Re: One of Your All-Time Favorite Movies   One of Your All-Time Favorite Movies Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2006 9:56 pm

I have many favorite movies. Wedding Crashers and The Benchwarmers are hilarious and perfect to watch if you're in need for some laughter. I also love Hotel Rwanda and United 93, both are intense movies that depict real world situations. Both of these movies touched me unlike any other movie i've seen.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One of Your All-Time Favorite Movies   One of Your All-Time Favorite Movies Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

One of Your All-Time Favorite Movies
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next