The AP Forum at SRHS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The AP Forum at SRHS

Discussing All Things Related to AP English Literature

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share a Favorite Novel

Go down 
+32
Alyssa
AustinL
sierrasmiles
cmahlberg4
kevinb
kielbasaSausage1
abdi4
BLewis22
I.Phillips
knina
ssawa
Julie N
Eric
BrianG.
LukeUlrich42
nfait
bri fej
mar89
kjones4
hannahc
Sophiachow
Jess.M.Period1
cathyP
NataliaJones
[ s y n n e ]
Sullivan4
the_huffanator
gargigodbole
phNguyen
JohnN
adamblakecarver
Admin
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
I.Phillips

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2006-09-14

Share a Favorite Novel - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Share a Favorite Novel   Share a Favorite Novel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 14, 2006 9:32 am

My fav. novel(s) has to be the foundation series by Isaac Asimov. It's what got me into sci-fi when i was little, plus its a good series.
Back to top Go down
BLewis22

Number of posts : 8

PostSubject: Re: Share a Favorite Novel   Share a Favorite Novel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 14, 2006 7:09 pm

Troon Mcallister's Scratch is one of, if not my favorite book of all time. Although the tales of a golf hustler may not be interesting to all, its look into the psychological aspects of sports and life in general really makes you think. Plus it has a great ending, and who doesn't like those?
Back to top Go down
abdi4

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2006-09-09

PostSubject: Share a Favorite Novel   Share a Favorite Novel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 16, 2006 9:10 pm

My favorite Novel is Welcome to the Monkey House by Kurt Vonnegut because of how imaginative he is. He can come up with any scenario and write a story that you'll get hooked on. Especially in All the King's Horses . That was my favorite story of the Book
Back to top Go down
kielbasaSausage1

Registration date : 2006-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Share a Favorite Novel   Share a Favorite Novel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 16, 2006 10:45 pm

Some of my favorite novels include:

The House of Leaves
Blindness
The Comedy Writer
Syrup
Cruddy

Any novels by Chuck Palahniuk
Back to top Go down
kevinb

kevinb

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2006-09-08

PostSubject: Novel   Share a Favorite Novel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 17, 2006 10:08 pm

One of my most favorite novels would have to be Murder on the Orient Express because I like to read mystery. This book has stood out in my opinion because the plot was well organized and fairly easy to follow.
Back to top Go down
cmahlberg4

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2006-09-17

PostSubject: favorite book   Share a Favorite Novel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 17, 2006 10:34 pm

I haven't written it yet.

Second Favorite: I really like Seabiscuit because horseracing is awesome. It was also an extremely detailed and interesting novel of how one horse could have so much heart and will to win. Seabiscuit reminds me of Tiger Woods because you know that they know that nobody is going to beat them in the end.

The reason I didn't pick Seabiscuit as my favorite is because I started going to the racetrack after reading it and lost a lot of what I earned working this summer.
Back to top Go down
sierrasmiles

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2006-09-18

PostSubject: favorite novel   Share a Favorite Novel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 18, 2006 12:39 am

[hide]
I really enjoyed the novel In Cold Blood by Truman Capote, i find his writing very unique and CREEPY. There is something different that he brings out in his writing, because as i read it i felt like he was telling the story directly to me, which made everything in the novel so real and almost tangible. Also the fact that it was a true story made it alot more terrifying and got under my skin. I also like the fact the Capote kind of leads the reader to curiosity with his ambiguous writing.

Sierra Flores sunny
Back to top Go down
AustinL

PostSubject: Re: Share a Favorite Novel   Share a Favorite Novel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 18, 2006 5:18 pm

I would say my favorite book would have to be The Lord of the Flys because the story seems very realistic if a group of boys were let loose on an island and that is scary. The movie was also an eye opener especialy when the kids start killing each other.
Back to top Go down
Alyssa

Registration date : 2006-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Share a Favorite Novel   Share a Favorite Novel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 18, 2006 7:44 pm

Johnathon Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach. No doubt. It's a short read, but it holds a lot of meaning in its 128 pages.

Also The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint Exupery. It's the same deal. A short book, a lot of meaning.
Back to top Go down
Monika

Monika

Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Share a Favorite Novel   Share a Favorite Novel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 19, 2006 11:03 pm

This topic has been up for a while...I'm not sure if I should still post on these old ones.
I love everything by Chuck Palahniuk: Invisible Monsters, Fight Club, Diary.
I also loved The Great Gatsby and The Sun Also Rises.
Back to top Go down
cathycal8

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2006-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Share a Favorite Novel   Share a Favorite Novel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2006 9:03 pm

The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath is a really great book. I read it freshman year and it's still one of my favorite novels. The metaphors in the novel were things I never would have thought of and the story itself was something that I had never read and it kept me reading which is one thing that I really love in a novel.
Back to top Go down
Buttermore

Buttermore

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2006-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Share a Favorite Novel   Share a Favorite Novel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 24, 2006 2:36 pm

Room full of Mirrors: A Biography of Jimi Hendrix. This book is really detailed and covers every aspect of his life. i suggest you read it if your a fan.
Back to top Go down
chelseac89

Registration date : 2006-09-16

PostSubject: Share a Favorite Novel   Share a Favorite Novel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 27, 2006 5:49 pm

hands down....the novel Addicted....it was the first book ive ever read that held me till the end!....it was awesome. it has everything from suspense, to trajedy to love....drug abuse, sex, hatred.....i guarantee if you start reading it, you wont be able to think about anything else.
Back to top Go down
NataliaJones

NataliaJones

Registration date : 2006-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Share a Favorite Novel   Share a Favorite Novel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2007 7:20 pm

Hey guys!

I'm doing pretty good over here in Utah, but I miss you guys!

I'm currently finishing up "Death Comes for the Archbishop" by Willa Cather. It's a very good book, takes time to dig through it, but the descriptions are absolutely wonderful. I highly recommend it for a good read- it is less than 300 pages.

I wish the best for you guys, I hope to be talking to some of you soon.

Smile

-Natalia Jones
Back to top Go down
http://www.nataliajones.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Share a Favorite Novel   Share a Favorite Novel - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Share a Favorite Novel
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2