The AP Forum at SRHS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The AP Forum at SRHS

Discussing All Things Related to AP English Literature

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

One of Your All-Time Favorite Movies

Go down 
+46
elanafink1
AustinL
aSmith
Buttermore
JanaeNae
nicklake
chelseac89
mrose
mar89
Jedrek
melissac1
maxr409
Alyssa
JeffAlmario
cmahlberg4
kevinb
GabyA
brittanyS1
abdi4
Edunn116
kjones4
I.Phillips
hannahc
Sullivan4
ssawa
kielbasaSausage1
cathyP
Jess.M.Period1
gargigodbole
Sophiachow
the_huffanator
LukeUlrich42
adamblakecarver
ANunn1
Goodman
Gina44
DianaM
Marielle66
[ s y n n e ]
EmilyN
JohnN
phNguyen
BrianG.
NataliaJones
knina
Admin
50 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
kielbasaSausage1

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2006-09-12

One of Your All-Time Favorite Movies - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: One of Your All-Time Favorite Movies   One of Your All-Time Favorite Movies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 13, 2006 4:15 pm

Little Miss Sunshine (favorite film #1; I've never seen a more enthusiastic audience in my life)

Memento (I've watched it 8-10 times, and still don't have a solid idea of what it could be)

Vanilla Sky (amazing, watched it 4 times in one night. yes, that amazing)

Eternal Sunshine (also amazing; The Science of Sleep coming soon)

Pulp Fiction (classic and awesome, k?)

The Squid and the Whale (delves into the life of a completely dysfunctional family; very interesting)

Mulholland Drive (the most confusing film I've ever seen)

Trainspotting (don't do drugs)

Pi (do math)
Back to top Go down
ssawa

Number of posts : 9

PostSubject: Re: One of Your All-Time Favorite Movies   One of Your All-Time Favorite Movies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 13, 2006 4:28 pm

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.
Garden State.
Office Space.
A Christmas Story.
ANY Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks movies.
and ANY Nicholas Sparks books made into movies.
Back to top Go down
Sullivan4

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2006-09-08

PostSubject: Re: One of Your All-Time Favorite Movies   One of Your All-Time Favorite Movies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 13, 2006 5:47 pm

I loved Stage Beauty. A wonderful movie that describes the beginning of women appearing on stage, but wondeful acting. Billy Crudup was absolutely wonderful (which he always is). Talented actors in a great story.
Also, I'd have to say The GodFather.
Titalia's a pimp.
Requiem for a Dream.
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.
Deadman.
Shindler's List.
Anchorman.
Back to top Go down
hannahc

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2006-09-09

PostSubject: Favorite Movies   One of Your All-Time Favorite Movies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 13, 2006 8:41 pm

I love so many movies, but I'm just going to say a few here:

Life is Beautiful
Gladiator
Pirates of the Caribbean 1+2
Mission Impossible 3
V for Vendetta
Back to top Go down
I.Phillips

Registration date : 2006-09-14

PostSubject: Re: One of Your All-Time Favorite Movies   One of Your All-Time Favorite Movies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 14, 2006 6:58 pm

I guess i would have to say Star Wars: Episode 3. Not so much because the movie was tha great and all, but because i went to see on its first screenign at midnight. Whenever i watch the movie i can still feel some of the buzz that was in the air the first time i saw it.
Back to top Go down
kjones4

Registration date : 2006-09-10

PostSubject: all-time favorite movies   One of Your All-Time Favorite Movies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 14, 2006 11:35 pm

Grease
Chicago
Footloose
Dirty Dancing
As you can tell, I love dancing.

Oh and Remember the Titans
Back to top Go down
Edunn116

Number of posts : 12

PostSubject: Re: One of Your All-Time Favorite Movies   One of Your All-Time Favorite Movies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 14, 2006 11:58 pm

kaitlin. All of those movies were good choices. Especially remember the titans. Rock on.
Back to top Go down
abdi4

Number of posts : 16

PostSubject: One of Your All-Time Favorite Movies   One of Your All-Time Favorite Movies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 16, 2006 8:49 pm

Man on Fire, and Gladiator are one of my favorite movies because i like blood and guts flying everywhere. The way hands got chopped off and heads were smashed it was just beautiful.
Back to top Go down
brittanyS1

PostSubject: All-Time Favorite Movies   One of Your All-Time Favorite Movies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 17, 2006 12:56 pm

It's hard for me to pick just one of my All-Time favorite movies....so I will list a few:

Pirates of the Caribbean
Grease
The Three Amigos
The Phantom of the Opera
King Arthur
War of the Worlds

Favorite movie as a kid:
The Nightmare before Christmas

A very random list, indeed.
Back to top Go down
GabyA

GabyA

PostSubject: Re: One of Your All-Time Favorite Movies   One of Your All-Time Favorite Movies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 17, 2006 9:57 pm

I loved V for Vendetta, definitley a powerful movie. Both United 93 and World Trade Center also interested me, its so hard to see movies like that and know that it actually happened.
Back to top Go down
kevinb

kevinb

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2006-09-08

PostSubject: One of my favorite movie is...   One of Your All-Time Favorite Movies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 17, 2006 10:05 pm

One of my favorite movies would have to be Closer with Jude Law, Clive Owen, Julia Roberts, and Natalie Portman. I really liked this movie because it was simplistic and it made me think a lot throughout the whole movie. This movie was based off of a play and I think the directors did a good job of transforming it into a movie. I was quite surprised though by Julia Roberts' character because to me, it didn't seem to be a type of character she usually plays in. I like how there are underlying themes in the movie, like the different levels of attraction.

For example, in the movie Jude Law's character falls for Natalie Portman because of her youth, looks and vitality. But when he meets Julia Roberts, he suddenly falls for her because of her maturity and her sense of independence.

Overall, Closer has been one of my all time favorite movies but I think it is not for everyone. I liked watching it by myself to fully understand what the movie is all about, rather than seeing with a group of my friends and being distracted.
Back to top Go down
cmahlberg4

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2006-09-17

PostSubject: favorite movies   One of Your All-Time Favorite Movies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 17, 2006 10:25 pm

The Sting is one of my favorite movies because a group of men try to accomplish the American Dream and make something out of nothing. The poker scene on the boat is hilarious and I like the little song because it's relaxing and exciting at the same time.
Back to top Go down
JeffAlmario

Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Re: One of Your All-Time Favorite Movies   One of Your All-Time Favorite Movies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 18, 2006 6:48 pm

As a Notre Dame fan, I would have to say that one of my favorite movies is "Rudy." Other ones include "Garden State" and "American History X."
Back to top Go down
Alyssa

Registration date : 2006-09-18

PostSubject: Re: One of Your All-Time Favorite Movies   One of Your All-Time Favorite Movies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 18, 2006 7:34 pm

Personally, I just re-discovered "We're Back!" from when I was like four. Dinosaurs, a stuck up rich girl, a mad scientist, and a street wise boy from Brooklyn?

Yes, please.
Back to top Go down
maxr409

PostSubject: One of Your All-Time Favorite Movies   One of Your All-Time Favorite Movies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 18, 2006 11:11 pm

With senior year underway, I’d have to say that one of my favorite movies is Ferris Bueller’s Day Off. We’ve only got one year of high school left together before we go to college, so enjoy senior year while it lasts. In the words of Ferris Bueller “Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.”
Back to top Go down
melissac1

melissac1

PostSubject: Re: One of Your All-Time Favorite Movies   One of Your All-Time Favorite Movies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 18, 2006 11:23 pm

I'm a huge fan of "Big Fish"! Thought provoking time and time again...

afro (embrace the 'fro)
Back to top Go down
Jedrek

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2006-09-19

PostSubject: One of Your All-Time Favorite Movies   One of Your All-Time Favorite Movies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 19, 2006 10:21 am

I actually like foreign films. A lot, actually.

I would suggest "Somewhere in Africa;" it's about this well-off Jewish family during WWII who flee to Africa and find it to become their home, while dealing with some problems. Also, for you saps, I'd suggest "The Classic;" it's a Korean drama that the girls in my famliy are in love with.
Back to top Go down
mar89

mar89

PostSubject: Re: One of Your All-Time Favorite Movies   One of Your All-Time Favorite Movies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 19, 2006 4:36 pm

I have a very eclectic taste when it comes to movies because I love everything from horror to romance. My favorite romantic movie would have to be The Notebook, a typical chick flick, and as for adventure, I would say Pirates of the Caribbean. I also like Dirty Dancing, Dead Poets Society, and A Cinderella Story!
Back to top Go down
mrose

PostSubject: Re: One of Your All-Time Favorite Movies   One of Your All-Time Favorite Movies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 19, 2006 4:56 pm

My favorite movie is the Counte of Monte Cristo (the newer version).
Back to top Go down
chelseac89

Registration date : 2006-09-16

PostSubject: One of Your All-Time Favorite Movies   One of Your All-Time Favorite Movies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 19, 2006 8:23 pm

Shawshank Redemption Hands Down!!!!!

Seriously...if you havent seen this movie...GO RENT IT! What a Face
Back to top Go down
nicklake

PostSubject: Re: One of Your All-Time Favorite Movies   One of Your All-Time Favorite Movies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 20, 2006 10:20 pm

Lots of good movies. I like some of you kids and your choices.
One movie I didnt see mentioned in my skimming through the posts was Lost in Translation. I liked that one a lot.
I like Bill Murray a lot, so I also liked The Life Aquatic.

I also seem to like drug movies like Fear and Loathing, Traffic, and Requiem for a Dream.
Back to top Go down
JanaeNae

Registration date : 2006-09-13

PostSubject: Re: One of Your All-Time Favorite Movies   One of Your All-Time Favorite Movies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 24, 2006 2:07 pm

1. Fight Club
2. donnie darko
3.fear and loathing in las vegas
4. a clockwork orange
5. eternal sunshine of the spotless mind
6. rocky horror picture show
7.woodstock
8. trainspotting

im in love with the weird, screw with your head movies. old adam sandler films arnt bad either.
Back to top Go down
Buttermore

Buttermore

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2006-09-24

PostSubject: Re: One of Your All-Time Favorite Movies   One of Your All-Time Favorite Movies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 24, 2006 2:23 pm

wet hot american summer, the usual suspects, resevoir dogs, snatch, fight club, goodfellas, heat, pulp fiction, boonedock saints, cabin fever.... the list goes on.
Back to top Go down
aSmith

aSmith

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2006-09-25

PostSubject: Re: One of Your All-Time Favorite Movies   One of Your All-Time Favorite Movies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 25, 2006 10:40 pm

Pretty much anything from Kubrick, Akira Kurosawa, Scorsese, Fritz Lang, Roman Polanski, Alfred Hitchcock and Terry Gilliam would be on the list of my favortie movies.

I'm also a fan of Se7en, The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, The Shawshank Redemption, Leon: The Professional, Francis Ford Coppola's big three (The Godfather I & II and Apocalypse Now) but I'd have to say City of God and One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest are probably my favorite movies of all time.
Back to top Go down
AustinL

PostSubject: Re: One of Your All-Time Favorite Movies   One of Your All-Time Favorite Movies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 26, 2006 7:01 pm

Just thought of one of my favorite movies, Footloose. I love the whole plot and the idea of fighting for your right to Dance.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One of Your All-Time Favorite Movies   One of Your All-Time Favorite Movies - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

One of Your All-Time Favorite Movies
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next